Sweet Thing

What are the odds of me winning something? It has never happened, my mom reminded me of my artwork being displayed in a children around the world type art show in Japan in 2000, that doesn't count really I was in grade 10, I hated the piece, I know now that I could do so much better. The fact that my mother framed the damn thing almost immediately after the piece was returned to me, irks me. It hangs in the family room and I hate looking at it.

I won a logo contest, something that I thought we weren't supposed to participate in as a ethically sound graphic designer, apparently we can, I don't understand, I'm shocked to say the least that it was picked. My mother has been telling everyone and there dog about it, I don't want to talk about it really, I don't know why, if it's because I'm not confident enough in myself or the design, or maybe both.... When Nigel told me in class I made an ass of myself, which if anyone read my latest typography project they would realize I can be a very emotional person. It was mix of shock and exctiment, which somehow turned into me crying and then laughing to kill myself......

1 comments:

The Peej™ said...

You'll grow out of hating on yourself so much. I did. And it's wonderful.

But seriously. I've been my own worst enemy before, and I still am, lots. But not nearly as bad and as often as before.


Just keep creating. That's all you can do. That's the only thing that pulled me out of it. I snapped one day and started drawing again. And I drew and drew and drew and eventually starting to think something of myself for all that I could create.

Do the great work that's buried in your subconscious, and eventually your conscious self will start to agree with how great you really are.