Sometime soon I need to be in a crowd such as this, with music similar to this, dancing my brains out. In this case jumping up and down like a lunatic. I need to say that first before anything else. I love that Mau5. He's Canadian too, which makes me love him even more!
I lead a hilarious life. Last night is a perfect example. What was supposed to be a nice, relaxing, music filled drive in the car, turned into me hitting the pavement and walking along Riverside Drive in the cold.
When I was driving I thought, maybe I'll go out to the hospital and see mom. I'm close by! I remembered the last time I was out she had wanted chips. So I stopped at the Irving on Riverside Drive to get her a bag of chips. I jumped out of the car, locked the door and went in. I get to the cash and a terrible feeling came over me. I LEFT THE EFFIN' KEYS IN THE CAR!! hahaha SHIT! I paid for my stuff and quickly went outside. There it was, the long pink ribbon that's attached to my keys, hanging from the ignition. Well, this is where the laughing started.
If I was in the middle of nowhere, I might have held off on the laughter. But there I was, looking fresh as hell in my blindingly white sneakers, obnoxious hoodie and my new "hug the ass just right" jeans, standing alone in the Irving parking lot. Laughing really hard at myself. I'm sure I looked like a complete dolt, albeit a well dressed dolt. It could have been worse. I could have left the house wearing pajama pants *shudder*
So I call Caitlan to see if dad is around. I explain to her what I did. More laughter. She reminds me that dad is gone to fire practice, which he does every Monday night. Whoops! Forgot about that. He won't be back for a while. Caitlan, I think I'll just walk to the hospital. Even more laughing. I say goodbye, throw my mittens on and put the hood up. It's freezing out. Now the reason I write this is because Riverside Drive is not where you want to be walking when it's getting dark. Someone was killed walking there recently. There are no sidewalks, it's not well lit and Islanders finally find their gas pedals it seems on that stretch of road. I was walking with the traffic, which was a little scary. Three transfer trucks drove by and nearly knocked me over. This was the beginning of the honks. Not even a "GET OFF THE ROAD!" honk. This was a "HEY THERRRRE!" honk. Of course I laugh hysterically under my hoodie. Only I would end up in this situation.
I decide along the way I had better switch over to the other side, so I can at least see who's about to smash into me. More honking and a few waves later I finally make it to the hospital. Mom already called dad at the fire station. He was in the middle of CPR training, when some idiot came barging in saying he was wanted on the phone,"IT'S PAULINE AT THE HOSPITAL!!" Dad, thinking something terrible has happened runs to the phone. Nope, nothing terrible. Your eldest daughter is a bit of a scatter brain at times, that's all, no big deal. Pick her up at the hospital when you're done! Facepalm
It was a great night though. I hung out with mom, we ate our pop and chips and watched the tiny little grey box they call a "T.V." In a few short weeks my mother has made so many friends at that hospital. She had so many visitors when I was there, checking in to see how she was feeling. Telling me I have such a great mom. I strive everyday to be as awesome as her. My mother can talk to anyone and you can see how comfortable she makes them feel. She's a great listener and genuinely gives a damn about everyone. I love that about her and try my best to do the same.
She got the new hip. She has two metal knees. Officially Bionic! Hopefully she'll be able to LIVE now! It's weird, Caitlan and I were talking one night, we don't remember mom walking without canes. Our lives for about 5 years now, has been canes, pain, lots of trips to the hospital and a lot of frustration. I don't remember how my mom looked or did things before the arthritis took over. Seeing her walk now is exciting. Even though she'll have a walker for a bit, she's moving so much faster. Pain free movement!!
I feel so much better too, like now I can finally focus on myself. I've been so focused on family stuff and making sure they're okay the last few years that I've sort of let life slip by. I'm going to be 25 this summer forgodsakes! I know not everyone understands my reasons for sticking around. I sometimes get a "Kelley is a loser because she still lives with her parents" vibe from some people. That's fine, I'm okay with that. I know I'm not. They might feel differently if they were in my situation. I want to be here for my mom because she would do the same for me. I don't really care what anyone thinks.
In the mean time, I'm getting my portfolio ready. I'm excited to get out there. I'm excited to meet new people. I'm excited for it all!! The internet has given me wonderful feedback about my work. So I'm excited to show it off.

Cute right?! hahaha GAWD! While we're here I also need to do something with this. I need to dye it some colour and get some sort of cut. Something that I'm not used to. I'm very bored with my hair!
This entry was all over the place
4 comments:
wtf your blog always makes me cry. (IN A GOOD WAY i swear)
you're cool.
Cool man!!
I'm just glad someone is reading it hahaha
I JUST HAD AN IDEA
A-LINE
ASYMMETRICAL
WHOAH
I enjoyed the Deadmau5 vid, congrats on the 9th level Tetris achievement, yer hurr looks nice and glad to hear yo mama is still awesome sauce.
Careful where you be walkin at night girl!
Post a Comment