First off, the weather yesterday was absolutely perfect. PERFECT! Around 22 degrees with a bit of a breeze. Any hotter than that my face feels like it's melting, my hair does horrible things and I get slightly cranky. I washed the cars yesterday in shorts, a t-shirt and sandals!! Earlier in the week I was freezing my lady parts off on the waterfront wearing tons of layers. Ahh, the joys of living on an Island! lol
Last night I slept with the window opened. I woke up to the birds chirping and fresh air filling my room. So lovely. I always say I would never want to live somewhere that had hot weather all year round. They just don't appreciate the spring/summer like we do. We wait patiently (HA!) for summer every year like kids waiting for Christmas morning. When spring arrives and the snow starts to disappear you can feel the excitement in the air. Summer is on it's way baby!! I couldn't imagine not being able to see 4 seasons from start to finish.
ANYWAY, the reason I came here was to talk about my cousin Heather getting married. One of my favorite cousins hands down! The COOLEST! She used to babysit me a lot when I was a little Kelley. We'd eat piles of chips and dip, she'd let me jump on her water bed and when she got the new Paula Abdul tape we listened to it over and over. When I think of Heather I think of Cold Hearted Snake!! It was our jam!!
Well, tomorrow she's getting married at 38 years of age....in VEGAS! I told you she was the coolest! Since the family can't all be there we are going to watch the wedding live from Vegas on her brother's giant, flat screen HDTV pile of awesome! I wish my grandparents were here to see this. It would blow their minds! Watching it all happen right in front of them in my cousins living room!
We really don't appreciate technology (new and old) as much as we should. It's always been there for us. I love how older people are amazed by all the new tech around them. My parents are blown away by some of the stuff that we would consider 'normal'. My dad can't wait to watch tomorrow. He's in love with this TV. "Awful clear picture on it, eh??!" The fact that the TV is hanging on the wall and not sitting on the floor incased in wood and veneer makes him giddy! My dad calls CDs records for goodness sake!
"Kelley, there's something wrong with my record in the car. It's been skipping. I think Caitlan broke it on me" Ahhh parents are adorable!
Congrats to Heather and Chris!!
What happens in Vegas, can now happen on P.E.I. too! :P
0 comments:
Post a Comment