Havin' A Time


I was very unsure how this summer would pan out. Earlier in the year I wasn't in such a good place. I'm glad that I'm okay now. I still have moments were I feel pretty awful, but I'm doing okay. See: Heartbreak. It's real, man!

I'm having a GREAT summer though. This pleases me! I work outside all day and almost every evening is spent outside too. As it should be. A small list of things that have/should/will happen:

•Mike and I have been all over the Island this summer. We go out almost every night to find the best swings, skip rocks and laugh (Northumberland Provincial Park has the best swings/view so far! FYI). Ya it's all very cheesy, but I'm glad I have someone like him around. Keeps my mind off of things. Turns out, I can't skip rocks. I'm very ashamed of myself. At least my soccer game is still A+.

Caitlan and I went to see Paul McCartney a few weeks ago. My god what a concert! If you didn't already know my sister is a huge fan of The Beatles, HUGE! This kid knows anything and everything about those four guys. I was so happy she got to see him. It was crazy for her. Someone Caitlan has looked up to all this time was there, standing in front of her, singing songs she's only heard on her iPod or computer. He's a real person! It was amazing.

•I've been working on some CD/cover design goodness for Mike's band. It's been a lot of fun. I haven't done much designing lately, but I've still got lots of ideas that I'll eventually turn into something awesome. I've been taking lots of photos though. That little Canon is small but mighty! A girl from London contacted me about designing a vinyl sleeve for an artist she works for. She saw my Flickr and was very impressed. Not sure how it will go, but it's something cool I'd love to work on. ALSO must have posters and photos printed this summer. MUST!

•Holy crap I was on the front page of the paper the other day too!! Looking crazy as hell. HILARIOUS. I've been on the cover of The Guardian two times now. I'm famous! LOL at "Felly Foote." God, we laughed over that!

• I'll be turning 25 next week. I don't know what to make of this. I'll probably need to do something awesome for this one! I'm more in shock that it's August already. Summer never sticks around long enough.

Just a few things that have kept me busy. I'm still alive. I just haven't had time to blog. Which is probably a good thing.

I truly am a mysterious and busy lady.

0 comments: