Nostalgic Nancy



Today was a weird day. I got all nostalgic when driving by Holland College. This horrible wave of sadness came over me. I think it's because it's that time of year again. People are heading back to school and I'm a little jealous. I loved school. All of it. Even stupid old UPEI was alright for a bit. I'm a creature of habit, I suppose. I love routine and school is all about routine! Sure it can get boring, but Holland College was never boring. Tiring, yes. Stressful, YES! But never boring. I miss everybody I guess and while internet keeps us all connected, it's just not the same. We spent HOURS, DAYS, MONTHS together people!

It's weird and I think about it all the time, but that's never going to happen again. We'll never all be in the same place freaking out about life together. It's done. We've moved on. Driving by the school today reminded me of all the hilarious times we had. I was actually sad when I realized they were getting rid of the parking lot. The same parking lot I peeled into everyday, usually late, TRYING to find a parking spot. Faye ALWAYS had the best spot. Friggin hell Faye, you live in KENSINGTON!! Gawd! It was horrible and I miss little things like that. I think that's why I haven't been back to visit. I don't think I could do it. Not without my designer pals. I also think I went all sappy today because the song Various Stages by The Great Lake Swimmers played on my iPod. I listened to that song at least once a day for a year. I listened to music constantly but that song makes me think of you guys the most. Weird, I just thought I should tell ya.

1 comments:

kristin @ high socks said...

i biked down fitzroy at lunch and there were so many cars parked down the side haha