Sunflowers? Really?........


What a day!! It was amazing out today finally, but I don't think it's gonna last. Today I assumed I'd be down back all in my glory pruning rose bushes and edging, not quite. My boss told me awhile ago that CADC, the bunch that put on Festival of Lights, among other things, wants to start a sunflower festival. Now if you saw the list of the places that we have to plant these it would make you weak. Kelly(my boss lady, YES 2 Kelly's run the Landing) and I went out today with the measuring wheel and walked all over the city. One spot they want the sunflowers planted is in behind the big Charlottetown "Hollywood" sign all the way down Water St. Parkway to the Workers Compensation building. Now if you didn't know I walked it three times today and it's 2100 FEET!!!

So that means some poor fool needs to go with a rototiller and then we go in behind and mix in fertilizer and plant seeds.We are trying to get a tractor, but there are some weird spots for it to get into, spots only a push one could get to. Anyway.....IT'S A HUGE JOB! and it's only one spot. We made it to most of the spots today, but still have more to go. We are hoping to scare them with numbers and maybe they will cut back. It will be the first year for it and they are going waaaaay to big. Anyway sunflower seeds are not cheap, in case you cared, you probably don't care about any of this.....Ahh well it's just the beginning of a CRAZY busy summer. I work best under pressure, I look forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is the blister between my thumb and index finger popping. It's a beauty.There are weird dots inside it. I'm scared to pop it myself. Have I ever mentioned I love being outside and landscaping?..... I have, oh ok.......

1 comments:

Warren Keefe said...

I'll help ya plant some!! I would...if I was unemployed, but I can do that too. Just don't wanna. Gotta tell ya though, I did some pile of yardwork Saturday for a good 6 or 7 hours and I had a blast. Only bad thing was that I had a terrible hangover...