Feck Off Cup



With the exception of Friday, this has been one of the WORST Canada Day weekends I can remember. I've come to the conclusion that I will hate all of it until I no longer work at the Landing. It's the most depressing thing to wake up that first morning at 6 and come down to a ruined park. For two months prior, you sweat your brains out making it perfect and it never fails, the park looks it's best right before the assholes move in setting up. If it sounds like I'm complaining a lot, it's because I am. That park isn't meant for such an event. I've been there for 8 years and I've cleaned for everyone of them. It's pretty bad when you get so frustrated with it you could cry over it. I consider it my own and when people come in and just shit, puke, piss and walk all over it, it makes my little heart break. A little dramatic?? I only wish I could put people in my shoes for an entire weekend of that, then people would understand.

BUT, having said that I always try to find some kind of humor in everything I do, so I've compiled a list of shitty things I've seen this weekend:

* Hey, that's a good start, SHIT, of the human variety. I've got an iron stomach, which apparently comes in handy when cleaning the Landing. Someone just said I'MA SHIT ALL UP IN YOUR FLOWERS, and so.......they did. UMM Kell can you go get your shovel??, I heard from my boss, white as a ghost and about to add puke to the pile. Off I go.

*A rather large red stain in the grass, presumed to be blood or some sort of juice near the first aid tent, I was going to smell it to be sure, Donna another lady that works with me said KELLEY NO!!!!!!!! so I didn't. I'm sorry I need to smell everything

*In total 15 toilet seats ripped from their homes and cast aside on the landing brick work

*1 bag of hamburgers, pale, grill marks added before cooking, hamburgers. We estimated there were about 50 patties in the bag, if not more

*Several hot dogs, of different lengths, scattered about, one Barb roared" LOOKS LIKE A BIG DICK OVER HERE ON THE GRASS!!!"

*One page out of I LOVE FATTIES, or some equally sick magazine. The page I found had several rather large naked woman in horrible positions. Mike, that I work with, kind of had a thing for one of them........"COME ON NOW, SHE'S NOT BAD!!"

* All the used tampons and pads a girl could ever want jammed into cups among other places

*4 pairs of underwear, one g-string, black in color with red trim, with the writing SWEET AS CANDY on the front with some sort of candy cane. I chased Mike around with them for a bit, he screamed

*Condoms everywhere, I didn't even bother counting them

*I collected roughly $40 bucks in change, including one mud soaked $20 bill HOLLA

*Every morning I was greeted by security guards, of the slow variety, who felt the need to attempt flirting with me or just hanging around me for most of the morning. Telling me how rough it's been working down here, all the money they found, and asking me if I'm HAVING FUN YET?!@!

*Finally, a Landing that smelled like a barnyard, where we laughed uncontrollably, as we tried to not slip and fall in the, no doubt, AIDS infested mud

Ah shit it makes me sad, but that stuff keeps me going : )

2 comments:

kristin @ high socks said...

when i worked at indigo, one of the managers sais "havin' fun yet?" EVERTY SINGLE DAY.
also you make me want to blog now but i'd have to fix up how mine looks because i used it as a guinea pig for someone else's layout. (facepalm)

kristin @ high socks said...

oh and i lost it when i read about the bag of hamburgers. it's lucky i'm working alone right now.