
Another weekend spent in Halifax. Well not this past weekend, but the weekend before. The 23rd to be exact, I finally got to see MSTRKRFT. Now let me start off by saying that the show was GREAT (only if you like MSTKRFT, of course), but the venue, well that was something different altogether. I'm not sure if I'm getting old or I've been in the dark about going out and what goes on nowadays. But it was gross. I've never had so many facepalm moments in all my life. My inner mom was dying to come out and roar,
"Cover up girls!, Have a LITTLE modesty!"
Call me old fashioned, call me whatever you want, but I come from the school of thought that less is more. Leave something to the imagination! Make guys WORK for it!! I'll always stick by that! I get it you're young, at a club, drinking, and all you want to do is have fun. You can do all those things and still look GORGEOUS and without making an ass of yourself. Come on ladies! Please tell me class isn't dead. Tell me this was just an off weekend. I don't think so.
MAKE THEM WORK FOR IT!! Can't say it enough.
I felt like staging an intervention. The venue was large, but the subjects would have been easy to spot. American Apparel dresses that did NOT fit, no underwear, heavily intoxicated, and BIRTH CANALS, all up on the dance floor. They all looked the exact same, which I found quite funny. The girls not the lady parts. If this is what "going out" has become I'm glad I'm not involved. I was embarrassed and I was far from sober. Not my idea of fun.
Whatever, I guess I'm old and junk. I danced and took horrible pictures/video. All while wearing clothes. Call me crazy.
A quote from Kristin to sum it all up:
" I haven't seen any good butts! I've seen LOTS of vagina though!"
MSTRKRFT was splendid, like I said. No complaints there. So glad I got the chance to see them. The Palace sucks for so many reasons though, one of which is for kicking my Kristin out in the cold. That's right they kicked her out. A clearly drunk girl in V.I.P. kicked out without letting anyone know. Wouldn't even let her come find us. April and I were in the same spot the whole time. Would have taken a second. Just kept pushing her out! So good job ya meathead. That's safe. Yeah, yeah that's your job. Whatever. We were glad to finally see her again as we were leaving, standing in the cold! Yeah that was a fail. I wasn't impressed.
Annnnyway......
Another amazing thing to come of that weekend was the FOOD. I ate like a Queen. I think the three of us decided that we spent more money on food than anything else. Which is fine by me. This girl loves food!
Our first stop, early Saturday morning, was Willy's. Kristin and I both had a bacon cheeseburger and fries for 10 dollars each. Cooked up by two young gentleman in a very tiny, albeit, busy establishment. Busy yes, but our food was ready quickly and it was delicious! Bacon piled high, hand cut fries. Perfect after bar food. The next day we had to go to Darrell's for the "Award-winning Peanut Butter burger". So very glad we did. It was amazing. The creamy peanut butter mixed with the melted cheese, ughhhhh! Will eat again!
After we filled our faces we decided to get shopping already! I bought everything purple in H&M that I could find. Well, not all of it. Ventured into Lush and fell in love. MANGE TOO! A good shopping trip indeed.
I love Halifax for lots of reasons, but there's one reason in particular that will keep me coming back. That reason, chicken fingers. Sounds ridiculous but until you've had the chicken fingers and honey dill sauce at Rogue's Roost, you haven't LIVED! Okay maybe a little dramatic, but they're my favorite. That was the most silent meal I've had in awhile. The three of us, heads down driving the food in. No time for talk! Ahhh it was good. We had a great drive over and a hilarious ride home. A stop at The Giant Tiger left Kristin and I feeling like we were trapped in another dimension. Is this 1998?? Are we at Biway? VIDAL SASSOON!? What's happening? There's a hunting section?
Interesting weekend indeed : )
3 comments:
You know... as a man... I find myself really wishing there were more pictures in this entry.
Just sayin' is all!
;^)
Glad you guys had fun. And double glad you guys aren't the type to let your Arby's Melts hang out in the open air!
Arby Melt omg.
Funny you say that, I was craving Arby's the other day. So bad. No lie. Need to get myself to an Arby's soon.
Post a Comment