Just A Thought

Why do we do this to ourselves?
I'm not sure if everyone does it, but I know I can't be the only one.

For example, you're in a situation where you have someone that loves you and wants to be with you. YOU are all they think about. Someone, here and now, that truly cares for you. Respects you. Unfortunately for them your mind and heart are with someone else. All you can think about is the one person who could care less about you (maybe they did care about you and didn't know how to show it. A possibility.) Either way they don't feel the same for you, probably never have.

I don't understand. It fascinates me. Why do we torture ourselves like that? Why can't we move on from the bad and accept that there are amazing people physically right in front of us? Holding on to something that is so one sided. A relationship, a friendship, whatever it was with someone that was completely unbalanced from the beginning.

Why is it so hard to forget the ones that don't love us back and easy to forget those that do?

Why do we always want what we can't have?


The heart is a tricky little bugger. I have yet to figure it out. I don't think any of us ever will. Maybe we're not supposed to. What would be the fun in that? It's wild to me how it all works though. You can love someone so intensely that you put blinders up. You see no one else and don't care to. They are all you see. I know myself if you don't love someone you just don't! I also understand how it feels to love someone, but NOT LIKE THAT. Karma definitely came back to bite me in the ass on that one and I had to write about it. Love can't be forced and true at the same time. Doesn't work that way. You either feel it or you don't and someone always gets hurt.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go take a long walk off a short bridge.....


I KID, I KID.


Let's listen to Haddaway instead




Love you guys ;)

1 comments:

Peejworks Test Account said...

<3


You know, I almost thought you were gonna follow through with the whole bottle of wine there... but you put a hilarious cork in it and stuffed the bottle back into your stylish European Men's carry all.

Well played Kelley!

:^D