
I find it very difficult to design without music. I don't now what it is exactly. I noticed it in school, but even more so now. It inspires me more than anything. I came across this blog today that had all kinds of music and I downloaded the hell out of it.
I don't have any clients, at the moment, so to keep myself on top of things I always have something in the works. Makes me feel like I'm not completely wasting my time/education if I'm constantly designing new things for my portfolio.
So I've been working on this cd re-design/poster deal for awhile. I know how I wanted it to look in my head, but it wasn't working out the way I wanted on screen. I looked at it on and off all weekend and didn't really get anywhere with it, until now. It never fails, late Sunday night, with the music strapped to my head, I figured it out. My mouse was flying all over the place, it was awesome. It still needs lots of work, but I'm happy with where it's going. I'm not sure what it is about music that makes me focus, some people I'm sure find it very distracting.
I'm glad I came across that blog, it helped a lot.
I guess I could return the favor.
(On another note my iTUNES would terrify people, bare with me, I'm all over the place)
Horizons- LTJ Bukem
Little Bit (Loving Hand remix) Lykke Li
Green Light (MSTRKRFT remix)- John Legend & Andre 3000
Mr. Majestik- Calibre & High Contrast
Kind of Sunshine- Nicola Conte
One & Only-PFM
Early Dayz Amazement- Shinsight Trio
Sex On Fire- Kings of Leon
Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)- Looking Glass
1 comments:
That looks SICK!
I love it. Really.
I wish I could design things with depth like that. My design is so mechanical and sterile. You guys with your earthy textured sensibilities kill me! Maybe I need to play less Lego, and plant more gardens.
Post a Comment